Most times, after having a pimple or working under the sun for a long time, you develop black spots on your face or skin.
The acne marks look so disgusting that one worries about how to fade the dark spots fast.
However, there is a way out. This article will show you how to remove dark spots on your face overnight.
Dark spots are also known as age spots, hyperpigmentation, sun spots, freckles etc. They are marks left on the face, skin, or other parts of the body after long exposure to acne, sunlight, blemishes, pimples, etc.
The spots on the skin are sometimes hard to remove, even with some dark spot remover cream. However, I will show you an overnight home remedy to remove acne dark spots, fast.
Table of Contents
1. How to remove dark spots on your face overnight with apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best home remedies to remove dark spots on your face or skin.
It contains skin-beneficial antioxidants like vitamin A, B, C, and alpha-hydroxy acids which help to remove black marks and dead skin cells from the body easily. It also assists in new skin regeneration, making your skin brighter.
How to apply apple cider vinegar to the black marks on your face
- Get a little water and add 2 – 4 drops of apple cider vinegar to it
- Make sure it mixes uniformly with the water
- Use a cotton ball and rub it with black acne or pimple marks
- Allow it to stay overnight and the result will amaze you after a few applications.
Note: Always apply the remedy at night to protect your skin from the reactions between apple cider vinegar and UV rays from the sun, unless you use sunscreen guard. (2)
2. Apply potato juice to the dark marks
Potato juice is one of the most effective home remedies for black spot removal and skin brightening.
The vegetable contains Vitamin B6, vitamin C, phosphorous, potassium, zinc, and other minerals responsible for its bleaching property.
The potato paste whitens the skin colour and fades away black marks quickly. The juice also induces collagen production which helps in maintaining healthy and bright skin. (3)
Below is how you can get rid of dark spots overnight with potato paste
- Get a fresh potato and grind it into tiny parts
- Mix it with pure honey
- Apply it on the black dots, and live it overnight.
- Wash it out the next morning with warm water.
- It will fade away all those acne marks on your face, leaving you with even fair skin.
3. Use aloe vera for a dark spot removal
Right from ancient times, aloe vera gel has been in use both as the best treatment for dark spots on the face, skin and as an exfoliation compound.
The plant contains aloin, beta-carotene and other skin beneficial amino acids which help in removing black patches on your face or skin with no harmful effects. (4)
How to remove dark patches on the skin with aloe vera gel
- Get a fresh aloe vera leaf
- Extract the gel from the leaf
- Apply it in the black spots and leave it overnight to fade away the dark blemishes.
4. Apply lemon juice to the black scars
Lemon juice has bleaching properties and contains vitamin C and citric acid, which helps fade dark spots easily.
How to use lemon juice to remove age spots on the face
- Get the lemon fruit and extract the juice into a container
- Dilute it with a little water to reduce its sensitivity
- Use a cotton ball to dab it on the skin spot.
- Repeat the process at least 3 times a week to whiten your skin colour.
5. How to remove dark spots caused by pimples with yoghurt cream
Yoghurt cream has so many health benefits on our body. Not only do they promote the growth of normal flora (healthy bacteria) in the gut, they also contain lactic acid which helps in skin exfoliation.
Lactic acid helps in removing the outermost dead skin cells and also helps regenerate fresh ones, fading away the pimple marks.
How to use yoghurt cream and lime juice to lighten acne dark marks
- Get 2- 3 tablespoons of yoghurt cream
- Add a teaspoon of lemon juice
- Turn it into a mix evenly
- Apply it to form a yoghurt face mask on your face
- Allow a black spot remover cream overnight before washing it away
- Repeat it 2 – 3 times a week for optimum results.
6. Use tomato juice for face spot remover
Tomato juice is one of the natural remedies for dark spot removal. It contains lycopene, vitamin A, B, C and other antioxidants which protect the skin from free radical actions, hence improving healthy skin. (7)
How to use tomato paste and lemon juice to fade acne marks
- Get 2 tablespoons of fresh tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Mix them together
- Apply the juice on a black pimple, or spot using a cotton ball and allow it to dry.
- Wash your face with clean water after it might have dried
- Repeat the treatment until the spots on the face fade away
7. Baking soda and lemon juice for black spot removal
Baking soda has an exfoliation property, which helps in skin regeneration and in replacing old skin cells.
A mixture of baking soda and lemon juice brightens your skin tone and also clears all forms of dark spots caused by either pimple or acne. (8)
How to make a baking soda and lemon juice paste for skin spot removal
- Get baking soda
- Add some lime juice to it and stir to mix evenly.
- Apply the paste on the scars and leave it overnight
- Wash it off tomorrow morning
- Repeat the treatment 2- 3 times and see how the black marks will fade away naturally.